Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cheesecake,cycle chains...and calculations

I am no Einstein but today I developed a new theory of relativity.

Sunshine + riverside restaurant + tempting cheescake = sum total of another 4lb straight on the hips

So when I got home I decided to try to balance the figure.

I hoiked the bike out of the garage and set off with every intention of a 7.5mile round trip round the watercourse at the national watersports centre, nearby at Holme Pierrepont. I actually did it a few days ago - not bad for a wobbly (in every sense of the word) granny still rusty from so many desk-bound years.

That would surely soon subtract the 3,000 calories I must have consumed in the course of a lovely indulgent lunch.


I set out - still full. It was hard work. It was windy It was ruddy hard work.

And would you believe... The watersports centre was in full use for some kind of event (how dare they?) --- all the people spilling in and out of there were young, svelte, sporty and dressed in the proper gear.

And they were charging £5 to get in!!

I was hot, it was hurting, I was huffing and puffing. So I took my ruddy red cheeks and rusty old cycle spokes on up the road - did a U-turn and cycled home again - total covered about four sorry miles.

Relatively successful then...



No comments: