Tuesday, September 8, 2015

This Gran Can Too!

Ten years ago my oldest schoolfriend persuaded me to get on a bike for the first time in 30 years. Since then I’d dabbled a bit but never really picked up momentum.

Then a few weeks ago, inspired by the fab ThisGirlCan ads, I signed up for a SkyRide

I got out of breath. My bum hurt, my chain snapped (unfixable!).
The group was fab, insisting they’d go nowhere without me. The leader, Jo towed me three-and- a -half miles to prove it.

And I got hooked!

I've been cycling – longer and further -every few days since. I’ve joined Nottingham Girls Cycle and  at 59 I feel I’ve finally found ‘my thing’ - and some fab new friends!


I’ve done my second fund-raising ride and next year that old schoolpal and I celebrate our 60th birthdays cycling six rides in six counties over six weekends!


No comments: